Our medical centre can help you with your work cover injuries

For people on the Gold Coast who are injured while doing their job any medical should be covered by WorkCover, which is the statutory compensation insurer for Queensland.

This means that you need to find a medical centre or medical professional who is approved to work with WorkCover Queensland or NSW patients.

All Queensland employers must have insurance to cover their employees in the case of any accidents or injuries incurred in the line of work.

If you are approved for WorkCover, all treatments related to your work injury will be covered if the treatment is given by an approved provider.

How work cover can help you:

Our medical centre has approved medical specialists who can assess the degree of temporary or permanent whole of person impairment (WPI) caused by workplace injuries.

Medical practitioners, including general practitioners, surgeons and specialists play a critical role in improving health and return to work outcomes for injured workers.

Medical practitioners are responsible for the overall management of an injured worker’s recovery, rehabilitation and return to work, including:

  • primary care of the injury
  • monitoring and reviewing the injured worker’s progress and outcomes
  • assessing work capacity and providing Certificates of Capacity
  • referrals to other healthcare services and monitoring the effectiveness of these services
  • facilitating return to work, which may include liaison with the employer.

We understand how frustrating it can be, being off work due to injury. If you live on the Gold Coast or Tweed area and need a medical centre that can provide you with work cover care we can help. Give us a call or drop by and see us and we’ll make an appointment for you. We’re open every day. Nobody wants to be off work because of an accident or injury but if you’re unfortunate enough to be in that position then getting your health back on track and returning to work as soon as possible are critical.

Scroll to Top